La glisse pure et la course au chronomètre
Olivier44

Techniques de speed

Message par Olivier44 »

Olivier44

Techniques de speed

Message par Olivier44 »

Par Miriam Rasmussen Windsurfing : CENSURE

I've been talking about how I lost my speed-stance after the crash. Some of you guys have asked me to elaborate on this, so here goes: A perfect speed stance transmits maximum energy from the sail into forward directed boardspeed. So in theory its pretty simple, but in real life there are some factors to consider as fear, 65 knots gusts, chop waves and so on. You're getting cannonballed out of the slingshot and have 20 seconds to do it - no pressure! The wind is far from even down the course, and equally hard to handle as the gusts are in fact the lulls, where all of a sudden you find yourself without the support of the sail. The key to speed is of course finding the sweet spot where your gear fly at maximum speed, and keeping it there without moving, which becomes increasingly difficult relative to windspeed. Here are some pics from different rider styles, as you can see being efficient and fast can look very different, so you can't really say there's only one type of stance which is correct. But in general I think the lighter riders needs a more correct stance to go fast which probably can explain my poor results so far in the event. So I made a personal best here, at 43.38 knots, but this was more luck than anything compared to my other results. The problem was that I didn't even realize my stance was lost, even if my caddie told my time and time again. So it wasn't until I saw live footage I understood how lost it was! So yesterday was used to search for a better stance, which felt really good, and all of a sudden my speeds starting to compare with the other riders. All I have to do now is to keep my stance in stronger winds, and it looks like were going to have three good days to come where I can do this.

Straight arms, full pressure in harness lines to put downward pressure on board through mast, and straight front leg is a good start if you're looking for a good speed stance. Ideally I would lean upper body backwards here as well, to become relatively heavier.

Different angle showing the all important downward pressure on board through mast. This is important to ensure that the boards nose is kept down, and the board is kept level

wvika27

Re: Techniques de speed

Message par wvika27 »

sans parler de speed, la fameuse position jambe ar flechie, avt tendue, fait partie des taches de fond (au sens qui se traduit svt par la planche qui coule chez moi) a resoudre
genre:
quelle repartition des appuis
role exact de la jambe avt
orientation du bassin? (qd on songe au positionnement/oriention des straps avt sur une planche)
applicable jusqu'a quelles conditions de vent qd on va vers du sous toile (en speed la sensibilite de la planche doit etre largement pire) sans tanker la planche
sans oublier les bouts, et les reglages generaux...

bref un monde a decouvrir
Répondre